Thursday, September 4, 2008

How Quickly Things Change

On Wednesday's "The O'Reilly Factor", Bill O'Reilly provided his opinion on Bristol Palin, the pregnant 17-year-old daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin: "Millions of American families are dealing with teenage pregnancy. And as long as society doesn't have to support the mother, father or baby, it is a personal matter...For the sake of her and her family, we hope things calm down."

For once, O'Reilly makes an excellent point. However, in December of last year, he had these strangely different comments: "On the pinhead front, 16-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant. The sister of Britney [Spears] says she is shocked. I bet. Now most teens are pinheads in some ways. But here the blame falls primarily on the parents of the girl, who obviously have little control over her." I am sure that I am not the only individual who views the Spears family as a constant train wreck. With that being said, I wonder if O'Reilly would have a different opinion if the family were heavy contributors to the Republican Party. At the same time, let's take a quick look at Levi Johnston, the home schooled father of Bristol's baby. On his MySpace page, Johnston boasts that "I'm a f----n' redneck", "I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s--t and just f----n' chillin' I guess" and "Ya f--- with me I'll kick [your] ass". Ol' Levi definitely seems to be a solid individual and a fantastic addition to the Palin family.

No comments: