Friday, July 31, 2009

Letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

I openly admit that I voted for you during the election and happily sport an Obama/Biden sticker on the back of my car. However, I just don't understand the need for your recent "beer summit" with Vice President Biden and two guys from MA. Now I realize Professor Gates is a friend of yours and that, as an African American, racial equality is extremely important to you. But, c'mon man, just send a couple of fruit baskets or something. That time, regardless of how short, could have been devoted to the much bigger issues that you inherited from the four presidents before you. On the other hand, at least you didn't stick your nose into a private matter between a husband and his dying wife and sign legislation to inhumanely keep the woman alive like your predecessor did in Florida a few years ago. Thanks for not being that jackass! Keep it real.

Mark Hall
Port Haywood, VA

No comments: