Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thanks for Coming By!

Over the last week, Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) has delivered some ridiculous statements regarding Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) and his ability to win Pennsylvania in the upcoming presidential election. After declaring last Wednesday that "There's no question western Pennsylvania is a racist area", Murtha attempted to explain those comments yesterday: "What I said was, was, that indicted everybody, that's not what I meant at all. What I mean is there's still folks that have a problem voting for somebody because they're black...This whole area years ago was, was really redneck."

So, in an attempt to capitalize on Murtha's statements, what does Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) proceed to say today at a campaign rally in Moon Township, PA? "I think you may have noticed that Senator Obama’s supporters have been saying some pretty nasty things about western Pennsylvania lately. And you know, I couldn’t agree with them more. I couldn’t disagree with you. I couldn’t agree with you more than the fact that western Pennsylvania is the most patriotic, most God loving, most, most patriotic part of America and this is a great part of the country." I know your brain may hurt now but you should definitely read that again and soak it all in.

No comments: