Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Brain Surgeon of the Day

During last night's "The O'Reilly Factor" on FOX News, Julie Banderas appeared as a media analyst to discuss possible explanations for changes in viewer ratings for the evening news shows on the three major networks. Concerning NBC specifically, Banderas stated that "NBC has lost over two million viewers since Peter Jennings stepped down. And then Tom Brokaw, his show has lost about, uh, I don't know, two million viewers."

I know this world and its issues can be confusing from time to time so maybe I am wrong to think that it is public knowledge that Peter Jennings was employed by ABC. (I know it could be difficult to tell since Jennings only worked for ABC for more than thirty years.) With Tom Brokaw, I am sure "NBC Nightly News" is most closely associated with him but he has not anchored that show in more than two years. However, as I have stated before, FOX News has never served as a bastion of accuracy.

No comments: